This trend is expected to continue
Significant growth potential
The Turkish technology market has significant growth potential as the technology-driven young population continues to buy consumer electronics, software, and products. Traditionally, significant Personal Computer (PC) sales were confined to Istanbul, Ankara and Izmir, but now PC sales have received new momentum as the focus of demand has shifted towards the Anatolian region. This trend is expected to continue as the rate of PC penetration rises. PC penetration has a ripple effect on other items such as Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line (ADSL) subscription, modems, software and other IT products and services.
22 billion IoT devices installed
By 2018, there will be 22 billion IoT devices installed, driving the development of over 200,000 new IoT applications and services. The Internet of Things will be a game changer. IoT — Transformational Impact Beginning to Show in Turkey.
Staying at the Top of IT initiatives in Turkey.
Five overarching trends
There are five overarching trends that will shape Turkey’s investment landscape in 2017 and beyond:
- Cloud will accelerate to a new level of adoption in 2017, with increased competition among cloud providers set to drive aggressive pricing, bundling, and customer
- Big data analytics will become increasingly more predictive than descriptive in nature, driving new use cases around exploration and discovery, performance management, and operational intelligence.
- Maintaining security will continue to be the primary challenge facing the country’s CIOs, with spending on security solutions by Turkish organizations set to cross the $230 million mark in
- Digital transformation efforts will continue to gain momentum in Turkey, with IDC research showing that nearly 70% of organizations in the country are already planning or about to start such
- Smart city initiatives will take on a more pragmatic approach in 2017, with governments and their partners looking to enable innovative transportation, citizen engagement, and emergency response services that drive tangible improvements in the lives of their residents