Investment Support and Promotion Agency of Turkey presents some indicators to potential investors regarding ICT sector.
- As the young population increased and the online market expanded, the total number of mobile subscribers reached 75 million in 2016.
- IT spending on hardware, software, IT services, and telecommunication services in Turkey is expected to increase to USD 35 billion by 2018.
- ICT spending in Turkey is expected to grow faster than the world average. With regard to its large domestic market with sizeable potential in the ICT sector, sector growth is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.4 percent during the 2012-2017 period.
- 76.3 percent of all households in Turkey have internet access.
- The percentage of internet users in Turkey is around 61.2 percent, and this is forecast to rise above 65 percent in 2018.